Salt and Sanctuary

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Salt and Sanctuary

Postby Treehugger » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:20 am

Came out yesterday

It came out yesterday and I know some people in the chat were interested in it.

Personally I have put in roughly 12-13 hours into the game and don't even feel half way done. The bosses and environment are all different. Even has good oh traps, tons of gear , customization, lovely traps, and clans. Though the clans are a bit limited and don't seem to do much, but apparently they affect the ending slightly. Also has a few optional bosses. All the bosses have an impressive move set, and different phases. Most of them are challenging and fair...minus one so fair which seems kind of bullshit.

Its crossbuy so you get it with the vita. Though the downside is its not ready for the vita right now. Online co op isn't working, but that's not a big deal for some people. Co op is weird and requires an item, but the item is rare and you place them in a sanctuary. Once placed its permanent so co op always has to happen at these locations. So if you want to face a boss in a different location you have to run all the way to the boss.

The biggest con for some people is the lack of cross save for the vita. So you will start over when it comes to the vita.

Overall its a very impressive atmospheric game and well worth the money in my opinion.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Re: Salt and Sanctuary

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:00 am

I'm pretty interested in this game, I will almost certainly be buying it at some point. Hopefully it'll go on sale.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:59 am

2D Dark Souls sounds pretty awesome.
Just a matter of when for a sale, I would think. I'll wait on a discount as well, looks like a fun game.
Shame the clans make little difference but Bloodborne was the same in that regard as well for the most part.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Treehugger » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Just finished my second run of the game. The first run took me about 25 hours and I missed a couple of optional bosses. The second run took me 12 hours and I was a mage. Magic is absolutely broken in this game. Boss fights take 30 seconds sometimes less. Every challenge in this game disappeared with magic. Though noticing some bugs in the game.

* Teleporting enemies can teleport into the boss arena making it even harder. Luckily they only appear in one area.

* If you jump on an elevator you can fall through it sometimes leading to your death.

* When you lose Salt(souls/blood echoes) it usually goes to the creature that killed you or it will make one up ( a flying magic one that's pretty easy to kill). Though sometimes random objects will get your salt like a chest or a bird( in the background) so you effectively lose that salt forever.

* Game crashing....sometimes during a boss fight after you being stuck on it for hours and as you were about to win it FRIC FRIC FRICCING ASS CRASHES AND GIVES YOU A BLUE SCREEN JUST CAUSE JUST FRICCIN CAUSE AND MIGHT HAVE JUST USED ALL YOUR WEAPON BUFFS BUT IT DOESNT CARE IT DOESNT CARE.

* Occasionally getting stuck in a wall once or twice from an enemy.

* Might not technically be a glitch, but one boss is on a platform with breakable boards right before him. If those boards are destroyed and you are above them when the boss intro cues, when it goes back to you instead of you finishing the jumping animation you fall. Like straight down to your death.

* Almost forgot another boss because you know every game needs to have a multiple enemy boss fight. Though one of the AI becomes glitched and doesn't really appear from the beginning. Instead they hover on one side of the arena. So you can easily just stand in one corner and focus on one enemy and they both share health. Makes it easier, but should be fixed.

* Another boss uses long range spells...but she can fly off the screen and use them. Also she can combo them so unfairly because if you get hit once you're knocked on the ground stunned for 3 seconds, by time you get up the spells are already on your way and hit you again. So if you are unlucky she can stunlock you to death and have no way to actually damage her. So not really a bug, but if they could fix her moveset so she at least stays in the area so you can actually damage her it would be nice.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:14 pm

Treehugger wrote:Boss fights take 30 seconds sometimes less.
In all fairness, I've rinsed Souls bosses a lot faster than that.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Well guess magic is on the same level as souls games then though I do know the highest spell can melt bosses in 10 seconds even on NG+7 which is the highest it goes to.

Also the game seems to be an easy platinum. Only two trophies left. One is a questline which stops 1/2 way through the game. The other is beating the tutorial boss if you die against you have to make a brand new character to challenge again. Shouldn't be that hard.

*Also found another teleporting enemy in another boss fight. The boss lit the enemy on fire and he was still trying to kill me despite being on fire. Got to admire his determination even on fire he manged to kill me.

I am Saltborn (got the plat).
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Return to Games