Helldivers

Helldivers

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Topic regarding anything to do with Helldivers on PS4 and Vita. I'll start things off with the latest patch notes from a few days ago.

Patch 1.03 notes

Fix:

Stats were reset on PS4 controller disconnect, at specific points in the game. Issue only occurred on PS4.Multiplayer games were shown despite being full (4/4). This is now a filter option, on by default.Player customization and upgrades are saved when exiting the armory. (This save is local only.)In local co-op only player 1 stats were being uploaded (all were still saved locally). All players stats should now be uploaded correctly.The mech suit could be exploited to call down more stratagems even if used up.Issue where airplane shadows would get stuck (minedrops, airstrikes).Issue where the extraction beacon did not show up.

Added:

Veteran Controller Mode in settings – increases trigger and analog sensitivity for those with a problem firing automatic weapons.Message dialog when saving fails, allowing the user to retry saving.

Change:

If a player disconnects or timeouts during the start of the Mission Summary screen, they should be awarded the XP, Research Samples and reward that they would have gotten.Improved error message if you disconnect during mission start or mission end. It will no longer tell you that you were kicked, but give you a proper disconnect message.Speed of Mission Summary screen increased.Kicking is no longer allowed if one player has entered the shuttle during extraction.Improvements to the Multiplayer search and filtering.Improved error messages when joining games, if you are unable to join a game because it became full, it will now tell you.Game now remembers the chat volume set for other players between loading screens and doesn’t show voice icon for muted players when they speak.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Helldivers

Postby Musashi1596 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:46 pm

Glad they're making improvements. Long may it continue.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:51 pm

Musashi, Bigb and I take on the Cyborg home world at top difficulty.

Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:12 pm

That was a good mission, still feel a bit sorry for the poor randomer who was unable to extract
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Free dlc on the way, seems we have new weapons, new terrain and possibly new enemies as well!

Last edited by Lieutenant Fatman on Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Nice to see free DLC in this age. Interesting that it seems to add far more than the paid DLC.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:21 pm

I think it makes sense though. You don't want to divide your community, that would annoy a lot of people, the occasional weapon though, not as much of an issue as long as they're not the best weapons in the game.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:39 am

Just had a match that should have unlocked the planetary XP bonus for finishing, only the evac point didn't spawn. No way to leave the planet, and yes, all objectives were complete.

Bravo.

And my God, randoms can be idiots sometimes. Going to have to start using my headset so I can tell them as much. Level 25 is going to be an utter pain.

Final complaint, I was robbed of 'Never give up, never surrender'. Everyone else went down and, while it was right at the start of the mission, I called in the reinforcement stratagem and ran into the enemies, getting downed pretty fast. But it seems like all the players need to be brought back for it to count. Because it landed in a narrow area, only two players were revived, so I got nothing. Fucking game.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:54 am

Ouch, harsh. I heard about that bug where occasionally you can't extract. Should be able to easily get you that trophy when we meet up. Use multiple controllers if needed to get up to 4 players, grenade everyone and bam, easy. Just waiting on a date for the free dlc to make this game exciting again.
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Lieutenant Fatman wrote:Ouch, harsh. I heard about that bug where occasionally you can't extract. Should be able to easily get you that trophy when we meet up. Use multiple controllers if needed to get up to 4 players, grenade everyone and bam, easy. Just waiting on a date for the free dlc to make this game exciting again.
Should be easy enough to boost, but I should have already gotten it naturally, which is annoying. Also just noticed that extraction video again while scrolling down, and the randomer who couldn't extract, I'm sure I was playing with him again yesterday.

I do think the XP bonuses are way too small. 5000 XP is a negligible boost at level 20, and especially considering it's a planetary reward for Hell Dive and you have to go through three maps just to get it.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to PlayStation 4