Anyone else starting to get worried about The Division?

Gaming Forum For Multi-Platform Games

Re: Anyone else starting to get worried about The Division?

Postby SmellyUndies » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Ehh, development changes can occur drastically over the course of 6 months let alone 2 years.
Watchdogs got boned (get it?, fucking lame) because in a perfect world those textures could hold up on a PS4, realistically it wasn't going to.
1 gameplay scene was shown perfectly to gain the hype it needed but in the terms of development there was issues created in 50 other scenes because of praised features.
So they dull the graphics out but rearrange the set whilst keeping the main idea the same (gameplay) which really should be the main thing to talk about, but no, people got suckered in by hype.

In terms of graphics, PC still had those amazing features if you can handle them.
But once you knew that cross-gen was still going to exist that should have a massive red flag about that game's performance on next-gen.
PS3 and XB360 probably singlehandedly messed up the development, unfortunately though because WD was released so early in the new gen, it didn't have enough support to simply drop last gen development.

In terms of gameplay though, which apparently every single reviewer ever just simply ignored in WD, was damn near perfect.
The gunplay was solid, 3rd person and being a cover shooter at times was fantastic, integration of IRL players invading your game was pretty fun and the most unique feature, the hacking system.
Hacking was a pinnacle in WD but everybody was so caught up in the hype net being baited by 2 year old footage that it got overlooked in most reviewers eyes.
SmellyUndies
Major
Major

Postby jloco11 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Tristko wrote:Is that game even a thing still? From the amount of time it has been delayed I forgot it even existed.

Ubisoft will hope people still want to buy it. And it has Tom Clancy's name on it, and they surely won't want a TC game to bomb out that badly.
jloco11

Postby jloco11 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNIji2oVo9w

New trailer for the Division.

Narrative is a little more clear, but the gameplay still concerns me. I have a feeling Ubi is pulling another Watch Dogs on players. Great trailers with scripted moments, that will play NOTHING like the actual game.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Not to worry, guys

We're clearly dealing with GotY here
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Treehugger » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:46 pm

Hold on we don't know if it's GOTY until an enemy slips on the poop and falls down thus leaving him exposed to enemy gunfire.
Treehugger
Gunnery Sergeant 3
Gunnery Sergeant 3

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:16 pm

Judging from this footage here

I think it looks like it should be pretty decent.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:20 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:Judging from this footage here

I think it looks like it should be pretty decent.

Still hesitant. Destiny beta was pretty damn fun (but limited) and we got a limited game.

This one is also shooting oriented without the cheeziness factor.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:50 pm

While it's hard to draw firm conclusions just from footage, as I don't have the beta , I'm certainly getting a better vibe than I did for the Destiny beta. I had some misgivings pretty early on with that.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jloco11 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:41 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:While it's hard to draw firm conclusions just from footage, as I don't have the beta , I'm certainly getting a better vibe than I did for the Destiny beta. I had some misgivings pretty early on with that.

My concern is sci-fi versus realism.

With Destiny being sci-fi, they could do virtually anything they wanted, and just explain that by space magic! Want flaming hammers? Space Magic! Want a boss that grows to 400 times his size? Space Magic! Want the ability to survive on Mercury? Space Magic.

The Division confines itself to realistic items, yet the enemies are bullet sponges. It's restricted by their own game parameters. And if they stray away from that, they're going to have a hard time explaining that.
jloco11

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:22 pm

jloco11 wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:While it's hard to draw firm conclusions just from footage, as I don't have the beta , I'm certainly getting a better vibe than I did for the Destiny beta. I had some misgivings pretty early on with that.

My concern is sci-fi versus realism.

With Destiny being sci-fi, they could do virtually anything they wanted, and just explain that by space magic! Want flaming hammers? Space Magic! Want a boss that grows to 400 times his size? Space Magic! Want the ability to survive on Mercury? Space Magic.

The Division confines itself to realistic items, yet the enemies are bullet sponges. It's restricted by their own game parameters. And if they stray away from that, they're going to have a hard time explaining that.
While I would prefer higher bullet damage, I don't see how it's different than any other 'realistic' game, with very few exceptions. Regenerating health, magic medi-kits, absence of recoil or weight, etc.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Games