PlayStation VR

PlayStation VR

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Wed May 30, 2018 12:18 pm

PlayStation VR is temporarily being discounted to £199.99/$199.99 on the 8th June. A big discount then that will tempt a lot of people. Any favourite VR games anyone would recommend to potential buyers? Anything that's absolutely essential yet?
Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: PlayStation VR

Postby Musashi1596 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:10 am

Definitely a solid price, even if we're still being burned on regional pricing.

Personally my favourite VR experience has probably been Resident Evil 7, that was fantastic. Closely followed by Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.

Farpoint is really good, but you need the Aim Controller to really get the most out of it. Pixel Gear is pretty fun, and low cost. Battlezone VR is quite good too, although I might be a little biased there because I need co-op partners.

Under no circumstances by Crystal Rift. Oh, and check out the free VR Playroom, it's actually really good.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dahawk » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:07 pm

I'm tempted to buy this for Ace Combat 7, but i'm still off put by the price. Definitely not worth for a single game alone.
dahawk

Postby Lieutenant Fatman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:31 pm

You could always get Wipeout VR as well! Just had my first proper go on it, here's the first race.

Lieutenant Fatman
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby dazzafett » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Decent Price however after my old PS4 blew up recently i purchased a PS4 Pro so i really need to sort out a 4K TV first before looking at spending on VR.

Also you have to wonder if the current VR will be compatible with the PS5 when that eventually comes out as i have read rumours that there could be an upgraded
version of the VR released alongside the PS5.
Also If the rumours that Software houses already got Dev Kits earlier this year is true then you have to assume a PS5 release would be around 2020 so i may wait until then before exploring VR.
I have so many games in my back catalouge to catch up with i need to focus on playing some of those first as well.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Musashi1596 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:40 pm

dazzafett wrote:Decent Price however after my old PS4 blew up recently i purchased a PS4 Pro so i really need to sort out a 4K TV first before looking at spending on VR.

Also you have to wonder if the current VR will be compatible with the PS5 when that eventually comes out as i have read rumours that there could be an upgraded
version of the VR released alongside the PS5.
Also If the rumours that Software houses already got Dev Kits earlier this year is true then you have to assume a PS5 release would be around 2020 so i may wait until then before exploring VR.
I have so many games in my back catalouge to catch up with i need to focus on playing some of those first as well.
On one hand, Sony are good at reusing old tech. We're still using PS3 Move controllers for VR after all, although I don't think that was a good idea. On the other hand, we are already on our second iteration of PS4 VR.

It wouldn't surprise me if an upgraded headset is needed depending on how much more powerful the 5 will be, but I get the feeling a 2020 release would be optimistic.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dazzafett » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Musashi1596 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if an upgraded headset is needed depending on how much more powerful the 5 will be, but I get the feeling a 2020 release would be optimistic.

There was a Gap of 5 years between PS1 and PS2, A Gap of 6 years between PS2 and PS3 then a Gap of 7 years between PS3 and PS4
With the PS4 Launching in November 2013 then a Late 2020 release would not be an unreasonable assumption and if Dev Kits did go out earlier this year then that would give them at least 2 1/2 years developing time for the release titles (assuming the usual October/November release months)

I recon that whenever the PS5 does release tho they will have two purchase options one for just the console and one bundled with a new VR headset that would give a slight discount to buying them separately.
dazzafett
Trophy Keeper
Trophy Keeper

Postby Musashi1596 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:49 pm

dazzafett wrote:
Musashi1596 wrote:

There was a Gap of 5 years between PS1 and PS2, A Gap of 6 years between PS2 and PS3 then a Gap of 7 years between PS3 and PS4
With the PS4 Launching in November 2013 then a Late 2020 release would not be an unreasonable assumption and if Dev Kits did go out earlier this year then that would give them at least 2 1/2 years developing time for the release titles (assuming the usual October/November release months)

I recon that whenever the PS5 does release tho they will have two purchase options one for just the console and one bundled with a new VR headset that would give a slight discount to buying them separately.
That could well be the case, but the thing is, hardware was progressing much more rapidly during the life of those consoles, making a next gen release more pertinent. I don't think that's the case here. We only recently got the PS4 Pro as a stopgap, which is never something previous release cycles have had to take into consideration.

It's certainly possible don't get me wrong. But the PS4 definitely doesn't feel anywhere close to being at the end of its lifespan.
Musashi1596
Administrator
Administrator

Return to PlayStation 4